Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I am a frustrated lady.  History excites and delights, but it's so darn hard to find truly well-made period movies and/or TV shows.  Downton Abbey makes me yearn for more, so I've been searching for period movies to watch in the evening.  It just doesn't seems fair to me at all...in the US we have Here Comes Honey Boo Boo while the Brits have The Paradise.  A search to find this series about the first department store in England in an unspecified town at an unspecified time dug up little.  Unfortunately, the only thing I found was the trailer and a few bits and pieces of episodes on YouTube.   Have your interest piqued by watching the trailer here


Source: bbc.co.uk via Isabella on Pinterest



Source: bbc.co.uk via Isabella on Pinterest

If anyone knows how to make BBC One available to unfortunate American lovers of all things historical and English, please let me know.  I'd love to watch the entire series of The Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment